POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resources & Compliance Officer
REVIEWED/REVISED January 2024
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad health needs of patients and residents across our service areas by delivering high quality, individualized, culturally sensitive primary care, behavioral health and supportive services for families and individuals of all ages. The health center is a federally qualified community health center (FQHC), fully licensed by the Department of Public Health, accredited by The Joint Commission, recognized by the National Committee for Health Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and certified for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support. A multi-site community-based health center, Manet ensures that our patients have unfettered access to all levels of the health care system and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved. Manet has three locations in Quincy, and one each in Hull, Taunton and Attleboro, Massachusetts – with two new sites opening in 2023: a school-based health center in Taunton and a clinic within a Housing Resource Center in Quincy for homeless and housing insecure individuals. Manet is committed to providing community leadership and collaboration to improve health outcomes for the residents and communities we serve.
General Definition and Scope of Job
Reporting to the CHRO, the Human Resources Manager oversees Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This position assists to ensure compliance of company policies and procedures, assist in employee relations of staff, as well as oversees the talent acquisition recruiter whose responsible for the non-management recruitment of support staff. She/he will coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries and provides support to the Chief of Human Resources.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible; able to design and work within evolving operating structures; proactively work with employees and managers to identify potential issues and trends in the workplace; investigate and respond to complex workplace/employee relations issues; demonstrate strong leadership skills; have strong analytical, computing, verbal and written skills. The Human Resources Manager will be overseeing the talent acquisition recruiter, and assisting in the recruitment of clinical and non-clinical staff, to include resume screening, interviewing, and full on-boarding.
1. Work with CHRO to maintain company salary structure, including responding to salary survey annually, and annual internal review
2. Responsible for ensuring timely completion of 90 day and annual reviews for all staff.
3. Maintains job documentation, and job evaluation systems; creates job descriptions as requested by CHRO.
4. Ensure vacancies are identified and positions filled in a timely manner, keeping track of statistics, and ensuring recruitment done with lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
5. Collaborate with HR team and assist in recommendations of training and development sessions.
6. Provide advice, assistance to managers and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
7. Develop and update tracking systems necessary in daily operation;
8. Oversees full cycle recruitment of non-clinical and clinical staff including the posting, screening, interviewing candidates, reference checks, for non-management and non-provider staff; focusing on diversity and inclusion in recruitment strategies.
9. Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
10. Personal ongoing development to maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to complete the job;.
11. Keeps informed on leave of absences, and workers compensation issues.
12. Generates correspondence utilizing knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
13. Maintains and updates contact information to support communication with all necessary points of contact;
14. Assist in preparing statistical summaries and reports as requested;
15. Assist in the organization of the All Staff Meetings;
16. Other related duties as assigned.
Critical Demands of the Job
1. Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
2. Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
3. Attention to details and prompt follow up.
4. Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
5. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
1. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience;7-10 years’ experience required
2. Position requires training and experience in Talent Acquisition, Human Resources Policy & Procedures, Employee Relations and Compensation management.
3. Experience in dealing with the public and use good judgment in the completion of a variety of work situations.
4. Requires working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations; and
6. Visibility requires maintaining a positive company image to the public.
7. Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
1. Federal, state and local laws pertaining to personnel administration and various compensation and benefit plans and practices;
2. Keyboarding, data entry and word processing skills;
3. Grammar, spelling and punctuation;
4. Relevant computer hardware and software applications.
1. Speak, read and write the English language;
2. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
3. Speak effectively before groups of employees and respond to questions;
4. Handle stressful situations in a professional manner, including angry or difficult individuals;
5. Multi-task and work in a fast-pace environment;
6. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, other departments, offices , and outside agencies;
7. Work independently as well as in teams;
8. Understand and practice safety procedures and precautions; and,
9. Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Required Certifications and Licenses
PHR or SPHR certification
1. Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
2. Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.