Manet Supplier Diversity
The mission of Manet Community Health Supplier Diversity is to improve the gender, racial, ethnic, and veteran representation of suppliers to Manet. Through our procurement process, we are committed to extending partnerships with diverse firms and strengthening the economic foundation of the communities we serve.
What is Supplier Diversity?
Supplier Diversity is a strategic business program that aims to create a more inclusive supply chain by actively seeking and engaging suppliers from various underrepresented groups, such as women, minorities, veterans, LGBTQ individuals, and “historically underutilized” groups. This initiative involves pre-qualifying, sourcing, and providing training to diverse suppliers, as well as improving accessibility to and awareness of their products and services. By setting explicit goals and expectations, organizations ensure that diverse suppliers have equal opportunities to participate in the procurement process, ultimately fostering competition, driving innovation, and contributing to the overall economic growth of these underrepresented communities.
The Small Business Development Office at the University of California, San Diego, emphasizes the importance of diverse supplier goals in improving accessibility to and awareness of diverse suppliers throughout the procurement process. This approach not only benefits the organizations involved but also has a positive impact on the broader community and economy. By actively promoting the utilization of diverse suppliers, businesses can drive positive social change and contribute to a more equitable and inclusive society.
Why is Supplier Diversity important?
Supplier Diversity is important because it promotes social and economic value by fostering the growth of diverse businesses. By integrating these businesses into the supply chain strategy, Manet creates and sustains opportunities within our operations, leading to a consistent trend of upward mobility for their employees. This not only benefits the businesses involved but also reflects Manet’s commitment to social responsibility and intentional dedication to supporting the economic success of underrepresented groups.
Supplier Diversity is crucial as it not only drives economic and social value but also contributes to a more resilient and competitive supply chain, ultimately benefiting the organization, the community, and the economy at large.
Becoming a Diversity Supplier
Manet recognizes the following diversity classifications:
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Business Enterprise (LGBTE): A company that is at least 51% owned and operated by a LGBTQ person who is a United States Citizen.
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE): A company that is at least 51% owned and operated by a United States Citizen that identifies as an ethnic minority of one or more of the following groups: African American, Asian Pacific American, Hispanic American, Native American, or Asian Indian American.
- Veteran-Owned Business (VOB)/Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB): A company that is at least 51% owned and operated by a United States Citizen Veteran or service-disabled Veteran.
- Woman Business Enterprise (WBE): A company that is at least 51% owned and operated by a woman who is a United States citizen.
Supplier Diversity Certification
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Minority Business Council
- Center for Veterans Enterprise
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Please note that completing the certification process does not guarantee that your company will receive a request to bid and/or a contract from Manet, either now or in the future. Registering does provide us with your company’s vital information so that we can match your company to potential opportunities. A representative from Manet will contact you if an opportunity becomes available that matches your company’s product and/or service offering. For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.