Patient Centered Medical Home
Welcome to your Patient Centered Medical Home
What is a Medical Home?
A Medical Home is a model of care where a team works with you to help address all of your health care needs.
Who is on a “Team”?
- Primary Care Providers
- Medical Assistants
- RN Care Manager
- Someone to help you with insurance, benefits, and registration
How will my team work for me?
- You will see the same team every visit.
- Your team will make sure that you understand your conditions and your care options.
- Your team will work with you to coordinate your care and to manage your health better.
- You will get appointments with you team quickly, even on the same day, when needed.
Medical Home Patient Roles and Responsibilities
As a patient and partner in my health care team, I will:
- Bring all questions I have to my appointments and not hesitate to ask about things I do not understand.
- Help you create my action plan and track my progress.
- Let you know when I get care somewhere else.
- Bring a list of all medications, supplements, and herbal or holistic products I use to my office visits.
- Fill my prescription on time, use them as prescribed, and tell you of any problems.
Medical Home Provider Roles and Responsibilities
As providers and partners in your health care team, we will:
- Respect you and your family values and needs.
- Respect your culture and use language you understand.
- Help you set goals and create an action plan.
- Track the care you get from other providers.
- Ask for your ideas on how we can improve your care.
- Stay in contact with you as your partner in care.