Programs & Services
LGBTQ+ care right in the neighborhood where you live, work and play.
We know lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ+) patients have historically been an underserved community with unique health needs. This is why we are committed to meeting the care needs of our LGBTQ+ patients with respect and compassion.
Manet provides quality, comprehensive care for all patients and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or ability to pay. We are a clinical affiliate of Boston Medical Center and we offer a broad array of services to provide the care you need, right in the neighborhood where you live, work and play.
Our LGBTQ+ Medical Services:
- Adult/Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease care
- Care for people living with HIV
- OB-GYN care and family planning
- Transgender health services/ Hormone therapy
- Substance use disorder treatment (tobacco, alcohol and opioids).
- Chronic disease management, including anxiety & depression
- Immunizations & physical exams
- Nutritional services
- Behavioral health counseling
- On-site pharmacy and laboratory
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- HIV prevention (PrEP- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis and PEP – Post Exposure Prophylaxis)
- Referral to local community LGBTQ+ support groups
Our LGBTQ+ Ally Care Team
PRIMARY CARE – North Quincy
PRIMARY CARE – Houghs Neck
PRIMARY CARE – Hull
PRIMARY CARE – Snug Harbor
PRIMARY CARE – Taunton
TRANSGENDER CARE ADVOCATE
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELING
HIV, STI, Hepatitis C Testing, PreP and Risk Reduction Counseling
LGBT Care Navigator
To schedule an appointment, call 617-993-0100 or email LGBTQ@manetchc.org. You can also fill out appointment request form below and one of our staff members will contact you.
Transgender Health Services
Gender affirmation is a journey that varies person to person. While it is your own journey, Manet can help. Manet Community Health follows the standards of care established by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). We provide comprehensive medical care for the gender-nonconforming and gender-questioning community.
Our services include routine/ primary care for LGBTQ+ community as listed above, in addition, specific to transgender patients including:
• Hormone therapy and monitoring
• Trans-affirming gynecological care
• Preopertaive and postoperative medical care for gender affirming surgeries
• Referral for gender affirming surgeries
We understand that you may be nervous and have questions about the transgender care you would receive. We understand that anxiety is real and often impacts the pursuit of care. Manet is a welcoming, supportive and safe environment.
If you have questions on receiving transgender care at Manet, please email LGBTQ@manetchc.org. All emails are confidential and answered by one of our LGBTQ+ Ally Care team members.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call Jaimie Sprague at 857-358-7003 or email LGBTQ@manetchc.org. You can also fill out the appointment request form below and one of our staff members will contact you.
Employment Opportunities at Manet Community Health Center
At Manet, we aim to recruit the very best professionals in health care while maintaining a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally.
Manet also promotes recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, gender identity, background, or sexual orientation.
CDC LGBT Health
GLAAD and LGBT resources list
The Trevor Project
Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Youth (BAGLY)
Boston Medical Center Transgender Medicine and Surgery