POSITION TITLE: Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Physical Sites and Design
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: January 2023
Manet Community Health Center is an independent, not-for-profit federally qualified health center. With a mission to ensure quality, comprehensive health care for all, Manet is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality healthcare. Manet has multidisciplinary staff delivering access across six practice sites and one community outreach location. We are located in Quincy, Hull, Taunton and Attleboro, Massachusetts.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Facilities Manager is responsible for supervising and performing various engineering, maintenance and repair tasks involving equipment, buildings, grounds, utility systems, and facilities security, and providing the level of supervision necessary to ensure that services are provided in an efficient, cost effective and expedient manner.
1. Supervises and schedules general maintenance, grounds, (and security staff.)
2. Participates in hiring, training, motivating, and evaluation of performance of Facilities Department staff.
3. Assigns maintenance and grounds crews to specific jobs. Spot checks work to ensure that quality meets standards and that safety and building standards are in compliance.
4. As required by staffing needs, performs general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, service calls, and emergency maintenance.
5. Establishes routine and preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment, buildings, and utilities. Inspects equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
6. Ensures compliance with Health and Safety standards, industry codes, Joint Commission, and DPH Regulations.
7. Provides pager coverage for Plant emergency calls to facility during non-business hours.
8. Oversees diagnostics and preventive maintenance of HVAC and Chiller systems.
9. Maintains the operation of emergency medical and power generating equipment.
10. Prepare and track Facilities budgets, monitor expenses and payments.
11. Manage vendor relationships, manage & review service contracts
12. Obtain quotes & tenders from vendors & suppliers
13. Orders necessary parts and supplies for Facilities Department and maintains inventory controls.
14. Oversee Environmental Health and Safety
15. Advise and monitor energy efficiency
16. Assure security of facilities
17. Manage facility space for maximum efficiency, coordinate intra-office moves.
18. Fills in for Director in Director’s absence.
19. Maintains pertinent records and reports.
20. Assists, during winter, with snow removal efforts.
21. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
22. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred. Candidates with combination of education/work experience equivalent to a 4-year degree in facilities management/engineering may be considered.
2. Three years’ experience in plant and/or residential maintenance required, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
3. Working knowledge of integration of facilities systems and controls, i.e., HVAC, Chillers, diagnostics, PC-generated facilities temperature controls, etc.
4. PC skills to perform Internet searches, E-mail, Word, and Excel sufficient to maintain records, order parts/materials, conduct correspondence, etc.
5. Excellent customer service skills, including desire and ability to work with senior population. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Critical Demands of the Job
1. Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately;
2. Ability to function in a faced paced setting;
3. Attention to details and prompt follow up;
4. Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight; and,
5. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
1. Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
2. Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays, and weekends.