General Definition and Scope of Job:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Communications Manager is passionate about Manet’s mission, and helps to develop and implement strategic communications and marketing plans that support Manet’s vision and goals. The Marketing Communications Manager helps lead marketing and communications efforts and initiatives to increase patient volume and engagement across the Manet service areas, and especially in the Taunton and Attleboro regions. This talent works collegially with the team to effectively promote the high quality and innovation of Manet’s programs and services.
The Marketing Communications Manager supervises and directs the Marketing & Communication Coordinator and collaborates with other health center colleagues and staff to achieve MarComm goals. The Marketing Communications Manager will help lead efforts to achieve greater brand consistency; coordinate and streamline publication development and release; improve website form and functionality; develop an effective intranet for internal communications; grow Manet’s social media presence with enhanced content; and coordinate, plan and staff events to raise Manet’s visibility, and attract new patients, talent and supporters.
The Marketing Communications Manager will manage multiple projects and can work at a fast pace and meet deadlines. Further, the Marketing Communications Manager will be comfortable speaking in a variety of large and small public settings and possess excellent writing and editing capabilities.
• Demonstrate a growth in patient volume across Manet’s two defined service areas, with dedicated marketing efforts and initiatives in Manet marketplaces.
• Open opportunities and devise strategies in both Manet’s Northern (Quincy/Hull) and Southern (Taunton/Attleboro) regions to build brand awareness entice community members to engage in the Manet Mission.
• Support, grow and deploy communication plans to support Manet’s strategic goals to be provider, workplace and charity of choice.
• Work with health center staff, including other managers and service line leads, to develop and execute marketing and communications plans in support of volume business development, and work closely with leadership to ensure Manet’s key priorities and messaging are communicated appropriately.
• Draft and/or proofread on-demand and under deadline marketing messaging that is clear, consistent, and well-constructed.
• Serve as project manager for special events that promote Manet’s mission, messaging and business development goals.
• Ensure marketing materials and program collaterals are evaluated for health literacy and cultural sensitivity and translated appropriately.
• Document and share with team members, including Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications, changes and opportunities observed in the external environment via participation at events, roundtables or other communications.
• Represent Manet at meetings, conferences and trainings to expand knowledge and expertise and to help build and maintain networks in the community for marketspace and volume building activities.
• With senior leadership as indicated, support weather and emergency preparedness communication to patients, staff and stakeholders.
• Oversee social media strategies to increase brand awareness and interaction.
• Maintain and update the Manet website to ensure that it is patient/user friendly for all languages, and that content is current and comprehensive.
• Working with Operations and Development teams, grow and manage email supporter, stakeholder distribution lists.
• Draft as indicated press releases; coordinated collateral, promotion and web material, including maintaining bios and current photos for providers and key staff.
1. The position requires a flexible schedule and willingness and interest to travel across Manet’s service area (Quincy, Hull, Taunton, Attleboro and surrounding area) to provide appropriate presence for meetings and events. Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
2. A demonstrated comfort with diverse populations is essential, particularly those with psychosocial cultural/language challenges.
3. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with diverse constituents, including colleagues, patients, families, donors (including board members), media representatives and vendors – conveying enthusiasm, energy, interest and confidence.
4. Strong technology skills, including publishing (Adobe Creative Suite), web software (WordPress), and/or email marketing platforms (ConstantContact); Office 365
5. Expertise at using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
6. Demonstrated creativity and competency in graphic design.
7. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading skills and experience drafting internal and external-facing documents, correspondence, presentations, etc.
8. Ability to take initiative and prioritize work, while guiding and supervising MarCom Coordinator.
9. Ability to generate and pitch original and creative ideas, think strategically, and solve problems.
10. Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and deliver under tight deadlines.
11. Possess meticulous attention to detail and strong commitment to building teamwork among staff.
12. Solid professional judgment and diplomacy skills.
13. Must maintain confidentiality regarding agency and constituent information.
14. Has reliable transportation
15. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
16. Perform duties consistent with Manet Community Health Center’s policies and procedures.
17. Perform other related work duties as needed or as required by supervisor.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in health industry, journalism, business, communication, marketing, design or related field.
2. 3-5 years or more experience in a related field (content creation, graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite), digital marketing, social media and/or brand engagement) – preferably within health care or social services.
Critical Demands of the Job:
1. Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
2. Ability to function in a fast-paced setting with a variety of patients, clients, stakeholders and staff.
3. Attention to details and prompt follow-up.
4. Includes walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
5. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
May be required to work evenings, holidays and/or weekends.