Bundle up! Extreme cold is expected Friday morning through the weekend in MA. With subzero temperatures on the way, it is important to plan ahead to avoid issues like frostbite or hypothermia.
Here are some tips for dealing with extreme cold:
- Stay indoors, if possible, during the worst part of the extreme cold.
- Keep a winter survival kit in your vehicle if you must travel.
- Check tire pressure, antifreeze an gas levels, heater/defroster, etc.
- Learn how to shut off water valves for potential pipe bursts.
- Check on the elderly.
- Bring pets inside.
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing, and a hat.
- Mittens, snug at the wrist, are better than gloves.
- Cover your mouth to protect your lungs from extreme cold.
- Try to stay dry and out of the wind.
For more information: