POSITION TITLE: Desktop Support Technician
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology
REVIEWED/REVISTED: November 2022
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has five locations, three in Quincy, one in Hull, Taunton and one in Attleboro, Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job
Reporting to the IT Director, the Desktop Support Technician will work with a team of IT staff to ensure the total satisfaction of all end Users. Execute all tasks assigned by the team leader or manager diligently, on schedule, and to the highest standard. Work with team members to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets. Participate in meetings and voicing concerns as well as suggestions for improvement. Assist all staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner. Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
- Follow established procedures for users onboarding and offboarding tasks.
- Train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Record, track and maintain equipment inventory
- Perform user administration tasks on IT Platform and other systems
- Manage hardware and equipment, including UPSs, MFDs, printers, scanners
- Administer the technology access of employees, interns and vendors, to network, e-mail, and essential applications.
- Log all time, tasks, and projects in ticketing system in real-time, and oversee team ticketing queues. Oversee ticketing system queues, ensuring requests are handled appropriately and in timely fashion, while maintaining superior service levels.
- Develop, prepare, maintain, and uphold QRGs (Quick Reference Guides, aka HOWTOs, aka job aids) for software/hardware installations and upgrades.
- Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as required
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Computer Science degree or Comp TIA A+ and MCSA Certification. MCSA Certification preferred
- 1-3 years experience supporting Windows environment
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktops and laptops,
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops, and laptops.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software and printing problems.
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction essential.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and phone manner.
- The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with little supervision.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a fast paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends