REPORTS TO: Patient Account Manager
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Patient Account Representative III is responsible for maintaining multiple insurance companies with a complete understanding of insurance companies’ guidelines and requirements. The Patient Account Representative III must have strong communication skills to contact insurance companies for claims statuses.
- Responsible for aged accounts receivables. Inquire to PMS and insurance companies and establishing contacts regarding the status of unpaid balances. Identify and apply problem-solving techniques, i.e., (appeals, etc.);
- Maintains familiarity with billing information and procedural requirements of government and insurance payers as well as discount programs Manet CHC offers. Maintains knowledge of guidelines of our billing procedures and requirements;
- Participates in meetings, training and other internal and external review and audit activities as requested by immediate supervisor and through management guidance;
- Under direction of the Patient Accounts Supervisor, provides back-up for all functions in the billing department, including support to the Patient Account Supervisor in training of new staff as required;
- Demonstrates commitment to performance improvement and identifies problems and recommends changes as needed;
- Responsible for the accounts receivable. Monitor and follow-up with sources of problems and take the corrective actions needed, which include denial management;
- Demonstrates respect for confidentiality in processing information related to patient accounts and insurance information; and
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Basic working knowledge of computers and office procedures.
- Must have strong customer/communication skills.
- Medical Coding and/or billing experience a must
- Must be able to read and write English.
- At least two years of experience as a Patient Account Representative in a healthcare setting;
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately;
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting;
- Attention to details and prompt follow up;
- Establish excellent internal and external customer relationships;
- Strives for continuous improvement in patient’s satisfaction;
- Takes feedback well and makes appropriate adjustments where indicated;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- May be required to work evenings, holidays or weekends, if department requires
- May be required to travel