General Definition and Scope of Job
The MMAT Care Coordinator will assist in the provision of direct and indirect services to patients of Manet’s Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MMAT). He/she will respond to a variety of health center needs. He/she works under direct supervision of the Manager of Prevention.
The MMAT Care Coordinator actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the mission of Manet CHC as well as provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Prior experience and interest in working with individuals who have substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric illness.
- Computer skills.
Required Certifications and Licenses
· Works in collaboration with the MMAT/Nurse Care Manager to ensure optimum patient care;
· Obtain prior authorization’s from insurance companies;
· Manages program data;
· Serves as a patient advocate;
· Willing to maintain a special project within his/her scope of function and knowledge;
· Assists in the orientation and training of new staff members/medical assistant students following current orientation protocols;
· Orders and maintains inventory of supplies ;
· Schedules appointments and provides follow-up calls to patients;
· Ensures all referrals are made for clinical services, community resources or any other services as determined through screening and assessment;
· Documents in patient case/order with dates, purpose, return name/number, and all necessary information for follow-up.
· Demonstrates self-direction and motivation in activities which enhance patient care.
· Anticipates new problems and is part of the problem solving process;
· Performs other job related duties as needed or assigned.
· Participates in staff and site meetings on a regular basis.
· Flexible and willing to work at all sites when needed.
· Required to work occasional weekends and holidays.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.