REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
REVIEWED/REVISED: May 12, 2020
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Senior Director of Operations is responsible to oversee, develop and implement Manet’s operational policies, procedures and systems according to licensure, accreditation and payor requirements. In close coordination and communication with the CEO and Department Directors this individual is responsible for ensuring effective day to day operational systems throughout all Manet facilities. S/he supervises all aspects of the primary care group practices including reception, registration, insurance eligibility determination, appointment scheduling, payment collection, and referrals. This includes responsibility for the non-clinical patient experience including flow and scheduling, customer service, and staff training and supervision, scheduling/ deployment. The Senior Director of Operations ensures each facility has comfortable and confidential space and addresses infrastructure and safety needs. S/he plays a critical role in emergency and pandemic response and preparedness.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Manet requires a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible, senior-level experience with medical office administration and group practice management including operations oversight, development of procedures and policies and executing organizational plans. Preference is for experience in a FQHC.
This individual in this position has significant experience with Information Technology, data collection and health reporting requirements. This includes data collection and reporting related to research and planning for future staffing and facility needs; monitoring provider productivity; and developing data based reports for accreditation and payor entities.
Our Senior Director of Operations demonstrates a clear understanding of federal and state legal requirements and compliance guidelines for the protection of personal medical information (HIPAA) including HIT requirements for ensuring the processing and handling of personal medical information;
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to act independently and consistently uses good judgment in making operational business decisions while reducing and resolving emerging problems.
A minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree (BS/BA/BSN) by an accredited college or university is required.
Must be proficient in speaking and writing in English. Bi-lingual capability preferred.
- Develops and implements all necessary policies, procedures, protocols and systems which support operational functions to assure the delivery of high quality primary care, and also meet service delivery projections, patient, community, provider needs;
- Serves as the point of authority responsible for the day-to-day operational functions and acts as the liaison between the medical, financial and administrative departments to facilitate communication, coordination and planning, to achieve common goals and the deploy resources effectively;
- Defines and codifies related policies and procedures, including but not limited to staff performance competencies and expectations, ongoing monitoring of processes to ensure that organizational strategies, goals and objectives are met;
- Ensures Manet has up to date information systems and data bases, and staff competencies to effectively support organizational decision-making, reporting requirements and record keeping;
- Provides leadership and collaborates with health center staff and managers in Emergency Preparedness endeavors;
- Oversees facility planning and maintenance at each practice site;
- Supports Manet’s customer service, mission-compliant approach to delivering operational administrative support to patients and staff while elevating diversity in the staff and patient population.
- Facilitates groups and teams to promote achievement of goals with optimal participation;
- Maintains familiarity and assures compliance with current government regulatory and contractual requirements for delivery of primary care medical;
- Participates in internal strategic, budget, program, productivity and human resource planning and evaluation.
- Monitors and analyzes appointment and related staff scheduling, as well as budget compliance, budget variances and resource needs;
- Develops and maintains operations related business associate agreements and related contracts with external entities;
- Prepares required reports for regulatory agencies and contracting entities in a timely manner.
- Develops flexible staffing designs to ensure sufficient night and weekend coverage as well as patients’ cultural and linguistic requirements.
- Supervises centralized scheduling functions including call center operations and patient registration, and centralized patient referral functions, to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of data management, decision support, and excellent customer service.
- Supervises managed care contracting functions to optimize third-party payer contracting, incentive compliance, and reimbursements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of accountable care regulations and remains abreast of public and private health insurance rules, regulations, and guidelines; and
- Collaborates with other Department Directors on the implementation of policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements, and in Manet’s strategic, operational and financial planning processes.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients, staff and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and prompt follow through;
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
Basic Knowledge / Skills Expectations
Leadership and management skills including employee relations; written and verbal communication, supervisory techniques, and facility with use of relevant software.
Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings. Job responsibilities may be stressful at times due to competing demands.
The Senior Director of Operations will primarily be scheduled to work hours per week during normal business hours. However, according to need, the individual in this position will be expected to work to work some evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Reporting Relationships and Involvement.
The individual in this position reports to Manet’s CEO. S/he will attend and participate in board of directors, senior management, strategic planning, performance improvement, and management roundtable meetings. S/he will offer staff support to the related committees of the board of director, local primary care associations and trade groups, as appropriate.
Supervises non-clinical operational managerial personnel and ensures their optimum performance.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.