POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Controller
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has six locations, four in Quincy, one in Hull and one in Taunton, Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job
Reporting to the Controller the Senior Accountant will play an integral role in the Finance team. As a key role ensuring proper separation of duties in the finance department the Senior accountant will be specifically responsible for Grant Mapping, Tracking, Reporting and Analysis as well as full cycle Accounts Receivable and general ledger maintenance. The Senior Accountant will partner and provide mentorship to the staff accountant, to support the Controller in ensuring adequate internal controls are in place for complete and accurate financial reporting.
1. Responsible for Financial reporting, tracking and Mapping of all Federal, Local, and Private grants
2. Provides financial information for regulatory and informational reports as requested;
3. Responsible for day to day general ledger activities and month end processes;
4. Responsible for month-end reporting of statistics and other pertinent financial data;
5. Assist in preparation of monthly and related financial statements;
6. Works closely with the Controller to prepare 990 and complete annual audit
7. Assists the CFO with HRSA compliance reporting
8. Responsible for full cycle Accounts receivable
9. Assist in the annual budget and load into General Ledger system;
10. Assist in the development of a monthly review process of expenses by site and by department providing managers with explanation of variances from budget;
11. Acts as a resource for financial information to management;
12. Become proficient with all aspects of reporting within the systems currently used in the Finance Department;
13. Participate in evaluation and implementation of new General Ledger and Payroll systems;
14. Assist the CFO in the development of financial analysis as required, that support and assist Manet’s decision making;
15. Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
16. Pharmacy transaction management, Revenue Recognition, and Reconciliation
17. 3rd Party Accounts Receivable Revenue Recognition, Reconciliation, and Review
a. This is very different from the full cycle AR stated in the JD as that is related to grant and contribution revenue which is the main function of this role
18. Acts as an Extension of the controller and provides support and guidance for direction on Coding and entry to Staff Accountant – AP and Staff Accountant
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
1. Minimum five years of experience
2. Four-year college degree with major in Finance or Accounting required;
3. Knowledge and experience in reimbursement, grants management, auditing, budgeting, financial analysis required;
4. Ability to work independently but able to work collaboratively with a team;
5. Advanced Excel skills and ability to rapidly learn new general ledger software;
6. Highly organized and systematic skills with excellent attention to detail required; and
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Critical Demands of the Job
1. Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
2. Ability to function in a faced paced setting.
3. Attention to details and prompt follow up.
4. Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
5. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
1. Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
2. Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
3. Comfortable working in a hybrid in office and remote environment
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.