REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad health needs of South Shore residents through a family practice model of care. The health center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations and Commission of Laboratory Accreditation. A multi-site community-based health center, Manet works to ensure that its patients have access to all levels of the healthcare system and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved. Manet has three locations in Quincy, one in Hull, Massachusetts and one in Taunton, MA.
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Nurse Case Manager (MAT) is responsible for performing case management within the scope of licensure for patients with substance abuse disorders by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize patients health care across the care continuum and ensuring patient access to services appropriate to their health needs.
1. Interviews patients for complete medical histories. Designs a plan of nursing care based on assessment of physical, emotional and social needs and in collaboration with the patient;
2. Assessment and monitoring patients in the induction, stabilization and maintenance phases of treatment.
3. Monitors patients for compliance for follow-up medical and nursing visit, medication review, behavioral health compliance and relapse prevention.
4. Obtains prior authorization for Suboxone and or Vivitrol.
5. Works with pharmacy and team in obtaining medication orders, prescriptions, refills and communication as needed.
6. Administers Vivitrol injections.
7. Performs therapeutic measures within the health center policies and/or prescribed by medical authority. Institutes actions based on legal guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act;
8. Has the ability to interpret the plan of care to the patient;
9. Keeps informed of and utilize supportive services and referral channels for the accomplishment of quality care;
10. Serves as patient advocate;
11. Teaches and directs medical assistants;
12. Appropriately documents and communicates patient’s needs through symptoms, objective signs, assessments and plans.
13. Provides support and education to all providers around medication assisted treatment and other available resources.
14. Other duties as required.
Critical Demands of the Job
1. Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
2. Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
3. Attention to details and prompt follow up.
4. Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
5. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN or RN preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years experience with addiction medicine and /or behavioral health
- Has knowledge of nursing and medical principles including disease processes, certain examinations, observations, and laboratory studies; appropriately applies those principles to practice and procedure;
- Possesses and displays the ability to act independently within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act and consistently utilizes good judgment in patient care and the resolution of problems both clinical and non-clinical;
- Consistently utilizes good judgment in the resolution of problems, clinical and non-clinical;
- Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations; and
- Demonstrates self-direction and motivation in activities which enhance patient care. Anticipates new problems and is part of the problem solving process.
Required Certifications and Licenses
- Massachusetts license to practice professional nursing
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com