POSITION TITLE: Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
REVIEWED/REVISED: September 2018
Manet Community Health Center is a not-for-profit health and social services provider and it exists to be your partner for a healthier life. Founded in 1979, it serves the broad health needs of South Shore residents. Each year, it serves about 14,000 patients with 52,000 patient visits. Manet has been accredited by The Joint Commission since 1999, demonstrating it meets the highest standards of quality. In 2011, Manet’s Diabetes Program (all six locations) received accreditation by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Incumbent is responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, and psychopharmacological evaluations and treatment to patients at the health center. This talent as part of a developing and integrating Behavioral Health program will be responsive to providers managing patients with persistent/chronic and serious mental health conditions.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Masters of Science in Nursing or completed a Certified Nurse Practitioner program. Advanced training in ambulatory psychiatric care. Massachusetts license as an Advanced Practice nurse Practitioner. ANA Nurse Practitioner Certifications, PMHNP (Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or Certified by ANCC as an Adult and/or Adolescent/Child Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist. Current valid and unrestricted DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registrations.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Preferred Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Evaluates and treats patients, writes and monitors prescriptions, provides preventive health care advice and case management.
- Assesses psychological impact of illness and treats or appropriately refers patients, for evaluation and treatment.
- To provide direct counseling therapy, when indicated and works in partnership with Behavioral health Director and his/her clinicians and MAT providers as part of integrated care team.
- Provides consultation visits on psychiatric diagnosis and management of health Center’s primary care patients.
- Participates in the Medial Student t, Interns and/or other clinical discipline training activities and supervision at the Center.
- Participates in the formation and evaluation of applicable protocols.
- Maintains continuity of care when health Center patients utilize other health care facilities, i.e referrals, emergency room services,
- Refers patients for specialty services as appropriate, provides documentation according to Health Center procedures and follows up on results.
- Participates in staff meetings, including behavioral health and MAT department meetings, PI/QI improvement committee, and peer review activities, in keeping with Health Center policies.
- Participates in 24-hour on-call medical coverage.
- Completion of all required documentation, including note, to be completed in timely fashion per Health Center provider policy; meets productivity expectations.
- Provides in-service education to staff as required.
- Represents the health center as indicated and requeste
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekend and holidays.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com