REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Family Practice Physician provides clinical services for Manet Community Health Center through serving as a Primary Care Provider for a panel of patients and as a team member with Midlevel Providers and various ancillary staff.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Work requires a Medical Degree from an accredited University. Board Certification or eligibility in primary specialty is also required.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Licensed to practice Medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board Certified in Family Medicine, and Credentialed at Manet Community Health Center and affiliated hospitals.
Substitutions for Skills, Experience and Education
Preferred Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Experienced in primary care group practice and/or community health center.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates appropriate independence, collaboration, and professional judgment in delivery of primary health care.
- Demonstrates overall medical knowledge essential to Primary Care role.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in delivery of patient care, including appropriate referrals, admissions, prescriptions, and ancillary ordering.
- Knows appropriate health care maintenance and acute care protocols for all patient age groups.
- Demonstrates written and verbal skills essential to Primary Care Physician role.
- Has general patient acceptance and rapport.
- Documents information in patient care record in acceptable, legible format with reasonable completeness.
- Manages patient care in collaboration with other professional members of the team, consults appropriately, and supervises mid-levels as needed.
- Professionally meets share of call, hospital, and nursing home responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting healthcare needs of patient panel.
- Incorporates and demonstrates understanding of Manet Community Health Center’s clinical policies and procedures, and seeks to continually improve clinical competence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and uses of, Manet’s Electronic Medical Record System.
- Assumes and consistently maintains professional responsibility in role of the Primary Care Physician.
- Presents an acceptable appearance.
- Arrives at health center punctually.
- Demonstrates efficient and appropriate use of time.
- Assumes responsibility and initiative.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with staff members from all departments.
- Maintains accountability for continued enhancement of knowledge.
- Meets regularly with peers for review.
- Maintains licensure and required number of CEU’s.
- Attends programs appropriate to practice area.
- Safeguard patient’s rights to privacy.
- Respects patient choices regarding health care.
- Incorporates patient’s social and cultural backgrounds into delivery of health care.
- Helps patients to identify and utilize support systems.
- Understands the concept of Managed Health Care; utilizes referral sources appropriately.
- Participates in staff-oriented activities, (i.e. staff and site meetings, sub-committees).
- Maintains an acceptable level of Productivity
- Understands and incorporates Manet Community Health Center’s philosophy and mission statement.
- Has a working knowledge of Manet Community Health Center’s grant funding and underlying clinical objectives.
- Contributes to performance improvement in delivery of services through direct care and teamwork, and/or through committee participation.
- Incorporates and demonstrates Manet Community Health Center’s personnel policies.
- Respects the rights and roles of co-workers.
- Performs other related job duties as needed or assigned.
Quality Indicators for Compensation Plan
1. Medical Records
- Peer review – Provider must submit 20 per FTE peer review charts, acknowledge identified areas of their reviewed medical records that need improvement, and show progress on future peer review reports.
- Timeliness – charts should be completed at end of each day’s sessions; labs, diagnostic testing, and correspondence should be reviewed at each clinical session. (Benchmark of 7 days for non-urgent labs, and tests reviewed, signed, and placed back in chart).
- Completes less than 10/FTE peer reviews; charts not completed at end of session; labs, dx testing, and correspondence reviewed more than 5 days after receipt. (Based on next clinic session).
2. Patient Satisfaction
Expect Provider to respond to patient complaints in timely manner, provide documentation of follow up, and participate in efforts to prevent future patient complaints. Expect at least an average score on patient satisfaction surveys if a survey is developed that is provider-specific (currently only site-specific).
3. Performance Improvement (PI)
Expect each Provider to participate in some PI project, either site specific or for Manet in general. CMO will take lead in design, provide collaborate in the implementation, and follow through with help from Clinical Operations Manager of site.
4. Committee Activity
Each Provider will be expected, when asked, to participate in committees dealing with advancing the goals of Manet. These can include EMR, Compensation Committee, benefits, or other ad hoc committees. Participation in hospital or community committees that help to promote Manet and provide outreach should be included in this category.
5. Outreach Activity
Each Provider should be available to participate in at least 1 outreach activity per year, to include such things as community talks, health fairs, participation in school or nursing home activities, or medical student teaching.
6. Ancillary Staff Interaction
Each Provider will be expected to act in a collaborative manner with ancillary staff. Each Provider should be respectful of other staff members and work to empower them to be a part of the clinical team.
7. Good Citizenship
Each Provider will be expected to willingly volunteer to fill shortages of Providers at other sites, and will share in holiday and call schedules in an equitable way.
8. Preventive Care
Provides annual health maintenance exams, provides age appropriate screenings, and follows up on patients lacking preventive and screening as per managed care contracts.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, email@example.com, or via phone at 617-404-4115.