REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Nurse Practitioner performs primary healthcare at the center. Develops and presents educational programs aimed at the under and uninsured population in our service areas; refers clients to needed service; works collaboratively with other providers.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
Registered Nurse with current license Board of Registration in Nursing with NP and graduate with an MSN or certificate of Advanced Graduate Study from an accredited institution or certificate of completion from an accredited Physician Assistant program with a BA, BS or MS degree.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Preferred Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Assesses, plans, coordinates and delivers patient care in conjunction with the physician and consults as needed.
- Performs assessments on assigned patients.
- Performs physical exam including appropriate laboratory procedures, screening of gross physical signs and symptoms.
- Elicits and records health, family and psychosocial history.
- Collaborates with physician to initiate, record, and implement a plan of care.
- Plans for diagnostic workup and regulation and adjustment of treatments and medications as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
- Knowledge of growth and development;
- Ability to assess and interpret age-specific data;
- Ability to assess nutritional status and provide dietary counseling as appropriate;
- Possess skills/knowledge to perform treatments, prescribe and dispense medication, assess need for and administer immunizations;
- Possesses knowledge of community resource;
- Involves family and/or significant other in plan of care;
- Ability to identify health problems and concerns as well as high-risk family dynamics;
- Documents progress and provides necessary information on records for use in the practice;
- Initiates referrals if indicated as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 617-404-4115.