POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician – Courier
REPORTS TO: Director of Physical Sites and Design
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad health needs of South Shore residents through a family practice model of care. The health center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations and Commission of Laboratory Accreditation. A multi-site community-based health center, Manet works to ensure that its patients have access to all levels of the healthcare system and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved. Manet has four locations in Quincy, one in Attleboro, one in Hull, and one in Taunton, MA.
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on all seven Manet sites to include (Four Quincy sites, Attleboro, Hull and Taunton). Responsibilities also include maintaining the appearance and efficient, effective and safe functioning of the physical facility and all its systems.
The Maintenance Technician will assist the Director of Physical Sites and Design, in developing and implementing plans for the Environment of Care as defined by Joint Commission and ensuring that all documentation is maintained as required. In the absence of the Director of Physical Sites and Design, the position will report to the Sr. Operations Director.
In addition, the Maintenance Technician will work with the Director of Physical Sites and Design on interoffice space design and office moves/changes as they occur.
- Performs routine carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints walls, doors etc. as need to maintain upkeep of health centers.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables and equipment for functions as needed.
- Follows applicable rules and procedures.
- Performs monthly/quarterly inspections and checklists
- Knowledge and ability to use hand & power tools for both interior and exterior of the premises.
- Has a flexible schedule and able to provide coverage on nights or weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work during bad weather conditions such as snow and rain. Maintain walkways that are free and clear of snow.
- Utilizes email and on-line work orders system to expedite task response time.
- Order janitorial supplies, parts, and maintain required documents
- When necessary performs courier duties picking up and delivering mail from all five health center sites.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Successful completion of maintenance training program preferred
Required Certifications and Licenses
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 617-404-4115.