REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Services Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has five locations, three in Quincy, one in Hull and one in Taunton, Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job
He/she shall have primary responsibility for coordinating all psychosocial community services under the general direction of the Director of Behavioral Health Services. In accordance with policies, procedures and protocols established by Manet Community Health Center, standards of practice and licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements. Responsible for implementing community educational programs, assessing problems and determining appropriate types and methods of treatment, and implementing intervention methodologies; acts as Program Consultant to staff members with or without professional training; functions in such areas as counseling, protective services, and family services.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial programs;
- Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate;
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders;
- Counsel patients during pregnancy;
- Perform short term counseling, longer term counseling, and crisis intervention as necessary;
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed;
- Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services;
- Use tests, measurements, and measurement scale for general and specific assessments as well as objective patient criteria in the provision of services and evaluation procedures;
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling field required.
- Experience in an ambulatory health center preferred;
- Self-starter, capable of managing staff and give directions to others and work under pressure in certain cases;
- LICSW – Preferred; LMHC’s also eligible.
Required Certifications and Licenses
- LICSW or LMHC license in Massachusetts in good standing
- BLS Certificate
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com