POSITION TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Controller
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has five locations, three in Quincy, one in Hull and one in Taunton, Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for working with finance leadership to understand and evaluate financial performance and major financial issues facing the organization. The analyst will track Manet’s financial performance against the strategic plan and create forecasts.
Required Certifications and Licenses
- Perform cost benefit analysis as needed and other analysis as needed to support expansion and current projects
- Analyzes financial information and develops revenues and expense projections, reports, and presentations.
- Produce monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Coordinate’s action necessary to correct account balances and maintain proper accounting controls and procedures
- Review and Evaluate budget to actual reports by location and department and report findings to Controller and CFO
- Project future trends and prepares long-range cash flow analysis.
- Assists in year-end audits and in ensuring the accuracy of accounting data.
- Participate as a lead stakeholder in the preparation of reports, such as the UDS and Medicare Cost reports and Service Area Competition
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and deploy budget into financial system
- Participate in the quarterly re-forecasting process
- Prepare and evaluate indirect cost and activity-based cost models
- Support the preparation of financial dashboards
- Ad hoc projects and other work as assigned
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) and expert knowledge of grammar, punctuation and editing.
- Experience with report writing module, exporting/importing for monthly reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication, organization of tasks and customer service skills are a must.
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated, maintains confidentiality.
- Proactive and capable of working as a member of a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to anticipate important timing needs that may impact the company’s payroll and benefits.
- Experience in a non-profit healthcare facility preferred.
Critical Demands of the Job:
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately;
- Ability to function in a fast-paced setting with a variety of patients and staff;
- Attention to details and prompt follow up;
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight;
- Must be responsive to multiple deadlines.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings;
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff; and,
- Will comply with all applicable laws and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work evenings, holidays or weekends, if department requires.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 617-404-4115.