POSITION TITLE: Finance Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Controller
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has five locations, three in Quincy, one in Hull and one in Taunton, Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Assistant is responsible for Accounts Payable, Financial reporting and some administrative support to the CFO and Controller. Administrative support would include documentation of departmental procedures, create presentations, and other duties as assigned. The Assistant will interact with all levels and departments in the organization, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. The Assistant may, from time to time, be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth in this position description.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Reviews all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Tracks important documents for signature in a timely and efficient manner and deliver to appropriate party
- Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Prepares 1099 tax filings
- Provide support to the Controller during the monthly closing process helping with analytics and Accounts Payable accruals
- Prepare account reconciliation for Prepaid, Fixed Asset, and Expense accounts
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Track deadlines in order to guarantee timely delivery of all projects, monthly reports, and presentations
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system, which is linked to computer network filing structure for ease of use by appropriate parties.
- Support Finance and Revenue team to transition from paper processes to digital processes
- Use MS Office Suite, Tableau, the Google suite, and other systems and tools to organize and analyze information and prepare presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate job experience required.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience- Finance or Bookkeeping Experience Preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in Microsoft Office software (word, excel, PowerPoint) and experience working in teams and/or zoom
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and written & verbal communication skills.
- A well-developed ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to detail and high standards of accuracy and precision.
- A high energy, enthusiastic person, who is capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible as priorities can change quickly in an environment where reaction time is essential.
- A strong track record of timely and accurate work product.
- Ability to embrace rapid change and frequent ambiguity.
- Assertive, ability to command credibility in the organization.
Required Certifications and Licenses
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
May be required to work a rotating schedule, as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 617-404-4115.