REPORTS TO: CFO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad health needs of South Shore residents through a family practice model of care. The health center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations and Commission of Laboratory Accreditation. A multi-site community-based health center, Manet works to ensure that its patients have access to all levels of the healthcare system and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved. Manet has three locations in Quincy, one in Hull, Massachusetts and one in Taunton, MA.
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Director of information Technology will provide technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology (IT) initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, health care service quality, and business development in a constantly changing, competitive marketplace. The Director of IT will lead the health care network in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized clinical and business operations and achieve more cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
- Participates in the development, coordination, guidance, and maintenance of IT systems. Contributes to strategic and operational plans in support of the overall clinical/patient-focused mission and business strategy.
- Develop and maintain enterprise security architecture
- Develop and maintains enterprise systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communication, software, and interconnection of health care network information systems.
- Provide responsive advice, counsel, education, and service to the health care networking concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- Provides responsive advice, counsel, education, and services to the health care network concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Assists in negotiation in all IT inquisitional contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate. This includes working with key staff in multiple project areas relative to Information Technology, including but not limited to, Telecommunications, Practice Management, Electronic Medical Record, E-email server, etc.
- Communicates IT plans, policies, and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Participates in end point and Microsoft product educational programs for staff. Ability to translate technical information to end users.
- Establishes, communicates, monitors, manages, and ensures compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (e.g., service levels for Remedy incident resolution)
- Participates in the coordination of all projects related to selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems for the health care enterprise. This includes quality service to end users in needs analysis, solution recommendations, vendor selection, Implementation, and post-installation support.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate IT infrastructure capable of supporting the growth and evolution of Manet’s Clinical and Operational practice
- Develops and maintains corporate IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition and implementation of information technology and communication systems
- Ensures all IT policies are HIPPAA, HRSA, and DPH compliant
- Develops and maintain an organization wide data model and data dictionary for Manet CHC.
- Ensures that Manet CHC information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirement.
- Participates in the development of policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information entrusted to, or maintained by, the enterprise. Participates on HIPAA committee.
- Develops and maintains a Manet CHC wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for monitoring IT activities and costs as related to the overall utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operation requirements.
- Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, process to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, helps to perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that minimize cost. This includes Budget preparation and monitoring, planning and organizing
- Assists in development of Division and Corporate 3-yr IT strategic plans
- Represents IT on appropriate business committees
- Ability to relate to all levels of the user community, be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Provides management and oversight to other IT staff members
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field and or ten (10) years’ experience in managing functions and departments dealing with information handling, workflow, and system, 5 or more years in healthcare.
- Three to five years’ experience in Cisco Routers, Cisco IPSec VPN Connections, Windows Active Directory Services (ADS),
- Three to five years’ experience in Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, Telecommunications, Wireless
- Experience with PBX and voicemail systems
- Experience with Athena Health
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems experience
- Applicable external regulatory requirements (The Joint Commission) (HIPAA) and their application to the IT area
- Possesses effective management, leadership, interpersonal relationship building skills
- Specific experience with practice management, financial management and clinical management.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Attention to details and prompt follow up.
- Includes walking, sitting and standing for long periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Must be able to stoop and have the agility to work within tight confines of office spaces for deployment of or repair of information technology equipment.
This individual may be required to work a rotating schedule as the department requires. This includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org