Community Resources During COVID-19
Helpful Resources from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Visit https://www.mass.gov/covid19 for the latest news, case counts, and lab testing results.
- Call 2-1-1 with questions
- Text the keyword COVIDMA to 888-777 to receive notifications to your phone
Online Symptom Checker
Buoy Health’s online resource is a 24/7 free tool for residents to check their symptoms and connect with the appropriate health care resource. The tool uses current COVID-19 guidance from the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Take care of your emotional health and help others do the same. If you need emotional support during these stressful times:
- Call 2-1-1 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option.
- Samaritans is continuing operations 24/7, as always. During this unprecedented time, it can feel overwhelming to receive constant messages about COVID-19. Call or text their 24/7 helpline any time at 877-870-4673.
- The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including disease outbreaks like COVID-19. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
- DPH Flyer/Infographic on reducing stress & coping with fear of COVID-19
- DMH resources on maintaining Emotional Health & Well-Being
- Social Distancing (youth and general) infographic
- MA Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH) visual tool for communicating with hard of hearing and Deaf individuals.
Local Food Resources
Quincy Community Action Programs (QCAP)/Southwest Community Food Center (SWCFC)
The SWCFC at 1 Copeland St. is open and fully operational during this public health emergency. The Food Center is following the social distancing protocol and has implemented additional cleaning, sanitizing, and hand-washing measures. We are open during our regular hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00am-4:30pm and Wednesday 11:00am-6:30pm. We are accepting new clients. Please call to make an appointment for a food order (617-471-0796). SNAP application assistance and other guidance will take place over the phone.
Quincy Public Schools
Breakfast and lunch will be available for Quincy students to pick up at Lincoln Hancock Community School(Water Street side of building), North Quincy High School (316 Hancock Street), Quincy High School (100 Coddington Street) and Snug Harbor Community School (333 Palmer Street) Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM during the weeks of school closure. Additional information can be found here: School Nutrition Meal Plan 3.16.2020
Germantown Neighborhood Center Food Pantry
OPEN WED 8:30-NOON AND FRI 8:30-NOON
366 Palmer Street, Quincy, MA 02169-5911
Quincy and Randolph WIC Offices are assisting clients by telephone
Quincy WIC office (617) 376-8701; Randolph WIC office (781) 961-4206
Interfaith Social Services
105 Adams Street, Quincy, MA 02169
(617) 773-6203 UPDATED: March 24, 2020 11:45am
Open regular hours (Monday-Friday, 10-11:45am, and Wednesday evenings 5-7pm)
Clients who drive will wait in their cars instead of waiting in the food pantry waiting room. They will pull up to our front doors and a volunteer will come out to their car and check them in. Groceries will then be brought out to the car. Clients who walk or take public transportation to the pantry will check in at the front desk as usual and may wait in the waiting room. We are limiting the number of clients in the building so that people can keep a safe distance from each other.
New clients are welcome. Please arrive during regular pantry hours and bring:
- Identification for each member of the household
- Proof of residency (ex. A utility bill, rental agreement, etc.). Our food pantry only serves residents of Braintree, Cohasset, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, Milton, Quincy, Randolph, Scituate and Weymouth.
Food pantry, Monday -Friday 9 am-11:30 a.m.
6 Baxter Street, Quincy, MA 02169
WellSpring Multi-Service Center
During the health emergency, all Food Pantry Services are by delivery only. 24-hour notice is required. Call 781-925-3211 x112
Taunton citywide alerts updated daily
Project Bread FoodSource Hotline: 1-800-645-8333.
Attleboro WIC: 1-800-WIC-1007
Attleboro Public Schools is providing grab and go school lunch during the closure: Pick up at the Principal’s Entrance at Attleboro High School (Blue Pride Way) and Front Entrance of Coelho Middle School from 11:30am to 1pm.