REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
REVIEWED/REVISED: May 2021
Manet Community Health Center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission. Manet serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved and ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality patient care. Manet has five locations, three in Quincy, one in Hull, one in Taunton, and one in Attleboro Massachusetts.
General Definition and Scope of Job:
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for helping to build awareness of and engagement with Manet’s health center locations in Southeastern MA including the existing location in Taunton and the newest location in Attleboro (to open summer 2021) among community residents, prospective patients and community partners. The Coordinator will serve as an external representative and ambassador for the health center. To this end, the Community Development Coordinator will be responsible for promoting and teaching about Manet’s programs and services to a variety of audiences and constituents; identifying opportunities for collaboration and promotion; serving as a collaborator in this market, and as needed in Quincy and Hull, and facilitate referrals—and creating, maintaining and fostering linkages.
- Promote awareness of Manet programs and services within the community.
- Represent Manet on local and regional committees, advisory and community roundtables and collaboratives.
- Coordinate and vet (with marketing/business development) for practice staff mobile and outreach initiatives and requests.
- Identify unmet needs within the community and suggest ways for Manet to fulfill.
- Gather feedback from community members and agencies about Manet programs and services.
- Serve as a navigator for prospective patients and an ambassador community partners.
- Assist partners and patients directly with information and referral.
- Suggest, document, and share tactics to reach vulnerable and emerging population.
- Provide written reports on activities and opportunities to position the health center.
- Support social media/web strategies and help to influence marketing copy and design product relative to Southeast service areas.
- Assist in national, state and city initiatives promoting the health center(s) via preparation and presence, at events and fairs.
- Help foster camaraderie and engagement across the practice locations.
Minimum Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years previous experience with community engagement, community relations and/or business development. Experience working within a non-profit, health care or government agency is a plus. Excellent written and oral presentation skills are essential. Working knowledge of data research and analytics and social media helpful. Familiarity with the Attleboro/Taunton region also a plus.
Critical Demands of the Job:
- Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately;
- Ability to function in a fast-paced setting with a variety of patients and staff;
- Attention to details and prompt follow up;
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight;
- Must be responsive to multiple deadlines.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings;
- Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff; and,
- Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work evenings, holidays or weekends, if department requires.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org