The Behavioral Health Case Manager will assess patients and work with counselors and other care providers to design treatment plans, set up referrals and choose the most suitable resources for a patient’s specific mental health needs. The case manager will be responsible for follow up and documenting progress on each patient. The case manager will also develop and provide behavioral health education to individuals, groups and the surrounding communities and conducts limited community assessments.
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and the mental health provider.
- Receives documentation from providers and follows up with patients regarding their treatment plan.
- Sets up and attends meetings with providers and patients as needed.
- Informs all parties involved on the processes that are being used to treat the patient.
- Inform and educate the patient and family members involved in ongoing treatment plans for the patients, and provide the patient with written information regarding their treatment plan and other available resources.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on each patient using Athena EMR.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in treatment plans and reporting as appropriate. Understands and abides by HIPAA guidelines.
- Collects and analyzes data from various sources to evaluate programs and determine need for additional educational programs or communications.
- Works with community contacts to promote behavioral health programs, teach individual and group classes, and work with groups to solve community health issues.
- May be asked to provide input on grant proposals and report on program progress.
- Assists with implementation of telepsychiatry program including scheduling appointments and providing other support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex information
- Ability to work with diverse population of patients and staff members
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills, especially dealing with difficult or irate patients or family members.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling or equivalent experience required
- Experience with MS Office products required; previous EMR experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, email@example.com, or via phone at 617-404-4115.