REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Manet Community Health Center serves the broad health needs of South Shore residents through a family practice model of care. The health center is a federally qualified community health center that is fully licensed by the Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations and Commission of Laboratory Accreditation. A multi-site community-based health center, Manet works to ensure that its patients have access to all levels of the healthcare system and is especially committed to providing services for the medically underserved. Manet has three locations in Quincy, one in Hull, Massachusetts and one in Taunton, MA.
General Scope of the Job
The Behavioral Health Case Manager will assess patients and work with counselors and other care providers to design treatment plans, set up referrals and choose the most suitable resources for a patient’s specific mental health needs. The case manager will be responsible for follow up and documenting progress on each patient. The case manager will also develop and provide behavioral health education to individuals, groups and the surrounding communities and conducts limited community assessments.
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and the mental health provider.
- Receives documentation from providers and follows up with patients regarding their treatment plan.
- Sets up and attends meetings with providers and patients as needed.
- Informs all parties involved on the processes that are being used to treat the patient.
- Inform and educate the patient and family members involved in ongoing treatment plans for the patients, and provide the patient with written information regarding their treatment plan and other available resources.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on each patient using Athena EMR.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in treatment plans and reporting as appropriate. Understands and abides by HIPAA guidelines.
- Collects and analyzes data from various sources to evaluate programs and determine need for additional educational programs or communications.
- Works with community contacts to promote behavioral health programs, teach individual and group classes, and work with groups to solve community health issues.
- May be asked to provide input on grant proposals and report on program progress.
- Assists with implementation of telepsychiatry program including scheduling appointments and providing other support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex information
- Ability to work with diverse population of patients and staff members
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills, especially dealing with difficult or irate patients or family members.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling or equivalent experience required
- Experience with MS Office products required; previous EMR experience preferred.
Critical Demands of the Job
- Manages multiple requests and sets priorities appropriately;
- Functions in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff;
- Pays close attention to details and promptly follows up;
- Strong communication and leadership skills;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to building, motivating, mentoring and empowering a capable finance team with a strong customer service orientation; and,
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced multi-faceted, multi-funded, and multi-cultural organization.
- Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
- Stressful at times due to competing demands and overlapping priorities, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
- Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short period of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a maximum of 1/3 of their body weight.
For inquires or to submit for consideration please contact Human Resource by email, email@example.com, or via phone at 617-404-4115.