General Definition and Scope of Job
The Community Health Worker will be an integral member of the Quality and Operations team. The Access CHW will work closely with the Quality team, fellow health workers, operations coordinators, PSRs, Marketing Director, navigators, and behavioral health case managers and ACO partners as indicated. The Access and Outreach CHW will serve as a liaison/link/intermediary between the Quality and Operations Team and Community outreach and marketing to return and retain patients to care, facilitate access to services, reduce barriers, increase cultural competency and actively build individual and community capacity; and grow new patients via partnership with marketing and community relations initiative.
• Conduct patient outreach and engagement activities including face to face, mail, electronic and phone contact.
• Conduct focused outreach to re-engage patients lost to care
• Conduct outreach and engagement activities that support patient continuity of care, including assisting with after hospital discharge appointments, referral appointments and other services as needed.
• Conduct outreach activities that focus on individuals who participated in Manet’s community vaccination and COVID-19 testing clinics within Quincy, Hull and Taunton.
• Promote patient treatment adherence through assisting lapses and returning patients in making changes to daily routines, identifying barriers and assisting patients with developing strategies to address barriers.
• Assist patients with navigating health care and social service systems including arranging for transportation and scheduling patient appointments.
• Identify available community-based resources and actively manage appropriate referrals, access, engagement, follow-up and coordination of services with consideration for (e.g., food, clothing, shelter, utilities).
• Coordinate access to the basic determinants of health
• Support the collection of new and returning patient satisfaction data and reporting for program evaluation
• Provide information on new, returning patients to operations, navigation and care management staff. .
• Document in medical record patient information and interventions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
• High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred in Human Services field.
• 1-3 years related work experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience without a related Associate’s degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Critical Demands of the Job
• Bi-lingual capacity preferred for outreach to underserved and hard to reach populations, including Chinese, Portuguese and Arabic speakers.
• Manage multiple requests and prioritize appropriately.
• Must be able to consistently demonstrate integrity, compassion and respect, diversity and teamwork, excellence and innovation in work activities and interactions.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
• Attention to details and prompt follow up.
• Includes walking and standing for long periods of time, sitting for short periods of time, hand dexterity, clear hearing and speaking ability. Must be able to lift a minimum of 1/3 of their body weight.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Required Certifications and Licenses
• Community Health Worker Certification is required, and certification training will be provided for successful candidate if not already acquired.
• Valid driver’s license, frequent local and occasional state-wide travel.
• Works in well-lighted environment with comfortable surroundings.
• Stressful at times due to competing demands, including attention to multiple patients and staff.
• Will comply with all applicable laws, and will cooperate with the Manet Community Health Center compliance program rules and regulations.
May be required to work evenings, holidays or weekends.