General Definition and Scope of Job
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on all seven Manet sites to include (Four Quincy sites, Attleboro, Hull and Taunton). Responsibilities also include maintaining the appearance and efficient, effective and safe functioning of the physical facility and all its systems.
The Maintenance Technician will assist the Director of Physical Sites and Design, in developing and implementing plans for the Environment of Care as defined by Joint Commission and ensuring that all documentation is maintained as required. In the absence of the Director of Physical Sites and Design, the position will report to the Sr. Operations Director.
In addition, the Maintenance Technician will work with the Director of Physical Sites and Design on interoffice space design and office moves/changes as they occur.
• Performs routine carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
• Prepares the surfaces and paints walls, doors etc. as need to maintain upkeep of health centers.
• Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables and equipment for functions as needed.
• Follows applicable rules and procedures.
• Performs monthly/quarterly inspections and checklists
• Knowledge and ability to use hand & power tools for both interior and exterior of the premises.
• Has a flexible schedule and able to provide coverage on nights or weekends as necessary.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs.
• Able to work during bad weather conditions such as snow and rain. Maintain walkways that are free and clear of snow.
• Utilizes email and on-line work orders system to expedite task response time.
• Order janitorial supplies, parts, and maintain required documents
• When necessary performs courier duties picking up and delivering mail from all five health center sites.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.